While the mainstream media has over the past few years, given more attention to football, in most cases hasn’t yet reached the same amount of space and analysis given to sposts like AFL, NRL and cricket.
I think because of this, an alternative media, consisting of podcasts, websites, blogs and specialised publications has arisen to fill that gap.
Here we need to thank Football Fans Downunder for organising awards that recognise football media in general, and especially the efforts of those who give up their own time to provide information (and in some cases entertainment) for football fans.
Here are my nominations for this year’s awards:
- Football website of the year: http://www.ultimatealeague.com/
- Podcast of the Year – Professional: Fox Football Podcast
- Podcast of the Year – Amateur: Out of Our A-League
- Best Use of Social Media: Shoot Farken
- Twitter Character of the Year: ECP @ecpkoko
- Print Publication of the Year: Thin White Line
- Photographer of the Year: Keith McInnes
- Writer of the year (print): David Davutovic
- Writer of the Year (Digital): Joe Gorman
Best wishes to everyone who will be nominated!